






Little Marley was due Jan 19th, 2011. I was scheduled to be induced on Jan 12th, by my midwife. I was already a 2 and she felt it was fine to go ahead at 39 weeks. But on the friday before I got really really sick. I even went out with some friends that weekend and they kept commenting on how "bad" I sounded. I had a hacking cough like iv'e never before in my life expierenced. I called my midwife saturday morning and told her how I can't breathe, without hacking and what I could take. She said mucinex because I most likely had "post natal nasal drip." I said "my nose is dry" but she insisted on the mucinex. So i went to walmart and bought it, and took it all weekend. I couldn't sleep and the mucinex did nothing to help. I literally stayed up all weekend coughing my brains out and crying because it was so painful in my chest. Finally on sunday night Ian called labor and delivery and explained how I was so sick and I wanted to be checked. They said "nope, don't come down if you are not in labor we will just send you home, basically." So I suffered another sickly night. After not sleeping for days and being so miserable I woke my midwife up at 6 am and she could tell I was worse just by my voice, she told me to go into labor and delivery and they would check me there. So I called my sweet Grandma Hawes and she came right over to watch the kids.. ( they were both sleeping and I didn't even say goodbye cuz I didn't want to wake them. Now I wish I'd had because I had no idea just how sick i really was.) We took off to the Davis hospital and they admitted me right away. The RN said you need to have a chest X ray immediatly cuz she thought i had something in my right lung. X rays are very dangerous while preg so I had to wear this weird Iron belly cast that was so flippin heavy to protect the baby. Turns out i had pnomonia ( or however you spell it! ) in my right lower lobe of the lung. They hooked me up to Iv's immediatly and started give me 3 or 4 types of antibiotics and breathing treatments every 2-4 hours. My midwife finally showed up and checked my cervix and I was still just a 2. She said she didn't want to take the baby yet, because the risk of me giving birth, while trying to fight the pnomonia, while healing all combined could very well equal death. Scared the pants right off me! So they monitored me all night long.. I still couldn't sleep. Finally at midnight my RN said "you have got to have this morphine shot. You have got to sleep to gain enough strength to have this baby, in case you go into labor." I refused the morphine shot all day, and she was finally pretty much forcing me. She jabbed that HUGE needle right into my hip and i scrame! And OF COURSE it did nothing.. still wasn't able to sleep. At 4 am she forced another shot, this time into my arm and I was able to sleep for about an hour and a half. The next day my midwife said.. "i got another opinion from the respitory specialist, who thinks it's better to take the baby now." So I agreed.. and she hooked me up to pitocin at about 11 am on tuesday morning. I was a 3 in about 30 minutes but still not feeling the contractions that I was having all night and day. The RN insisted I get my epidural now because he was going to be busy all day with C sections and I would have to wait if i wanted it later. I was hesitant, I didn't feel I needed it.. but my Mom ( who flew in monday night by the way ) insisted i get it. I followed mamma's orders lol and got it. It was nice to squeeze her hand the entire time. Best epidural i ever had too, not painful at all except the inital annoying sting.. and I could still move my legs and feel everything but my contractions and vag! lol a dream! After I had that epidural I flew from a 3 to a 7 in like an hour it was crazy ridiculous! My RN was amazed at how fast I was going, everytime she left the room it seemed i was another number.. and by 2 o clock I said.. "Mom something is happening." For the first time I could feel what it was liek when women say "i have to push!" And she ran to get the nurse.. who just 15 mins before said I was a 8.. She was like "you can't possibly be a 10.. but i'll check" and sure enough "Wow! You are aready, let me grab your dr!" Needless to say i went from a 8 to a 10 in 15 mins and pushed my little guy out in 17 mins. I had him at 2:39 pm.. and it was both the easiest labor.. and hardest due to me being so sick! He was only 6 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long. my smallest baby but i was so sick and not eating for almost a week, so it's no wonder he was small. He is such a stud though, we love him.. and to make a longer story shorter.. I was still sick after and had to wear a mask.. I got realeased once i wasn't contagious anymore, and baby had no jaundice, no problems what so ever.. he's perfect.. and I'm glad it's all over!
Congrats! Glad the labor went so quickly, that's amazing! He's so cute.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is adorable! Sorry you were sick I was sick when i had Hallie too. No fun at all!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a story! I'm so glad everything is OK and he is soo cute- congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty crazy birth story! He is a handsome little guy, and I absolutely love his name! :) Congratulations Marissa!
ReplyDelete