Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chicken Pox!

Kennedee has had a few spots on her back the day we got home from San Diego, I noticed them. Every day she just kept getting more and more spots until finally i convinced Ian she needed to see a dr, and so I took her on base to see the military dr. He said.. and i quote.. " No, they do NOT look like chicken pox to me. There is no liquid in them, they llook more like bites of some sort maybe a mosiquto? and you do NOT need to isolate her because it's not contagious." So.. being that he was a dr.. i trusted the fool. I just gave her benadryl to control the itch and used calamine lotion on them. Well a day passed and even MORE spread. So my moms husband suggested they might be sand fleas since we were on the ocean. I researched them on the internet and the bites looked identical. So I bought flea killer and even bathed the animals in flea shampoo just to be SAFE. The next day.. EVEN more spread! ON HER FACE too. Ian saw her last night after her bath and was like "no.. i'm taking her to the ER now!" And me and Navy stayed home to prevent him from geting swine flue from all the sickies there. The dr there.. a REAL dr.. at a civilian hospital knew immediatly that they were INFACT chicken pox!! Can you believe it? he called the other dr "an idiot" and now.. poor navy might catch them! I've been disinfecting like a motha.. and sanitizing.. but its SOOO hard to isolate a two year old. She dosent understand why nobody can touch her or play with her :( So please wish us the best of luck!


1 comment:

  1. Aw poor Kenn! I am sorry. Doctors have no compassion, or I should say MOST doctors. They are in it for the financial well being and not to actually help, which is why they should be in that field. They try to treat as many people in as short of a time period as possible. Misdiagnosing all the way. I have no trust, faith and confidence in them any longer. You really have to research and diagnose yourself.
    Best of luck, wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete