Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kennedee broke her arm! and Meet Marvin!

So on thursday all DAY Kennedee was hanging upside down from our recliner and doing flips and stuff off of couches and just being her crazy normal self. Well around 3ish or so.. I was in the bathroom brushing Navy's teeth and I heard a thud and "OWWWW my arm!!" and Kenn was sprawled out onto the floor balling her eyes out. I asked her.. "what happened??!" And she said through tears that she jumped off the couch! Well I got mad and said "Kennedee, I told you all day to stop doing that crap!" So I sent her to her room and went to check on her minutes later. Her arm wasn't bruised, wasn't swollen.. she just kept holding it and crying non-stop. When Ian finally made it home he "investigated" it ( he thinks hes trained to know how to feel for EVERY broken thing i swear.. ) and.. he said "it's fine!" Well all night she kept crying, screaming.. that her arm hurt! So in the morning I said.. Ian make her a dang apt so I can take her in to get Xrayed.. So he did.. he had to work and forgot pregnant women arn't allowed in the radiology rooms so my sister had to attempt to take her back to get the xrays and she was throwing a huge fit.. so Ian had to come up from work and pin her down.. and we got them done.. and sure enuf she has a buckle fracter to her left wrist.. which is the EXACT place i broke my wrist at age 10 lol. They put a temp cast on her and she has an apt on Monday morning to get a hard cast. Poor thing.. and you'd think she'd learn her lesson to stop jumping all over things, well no.. that same day she was doing it all over again!
It's nice to have such good friends and neighbors.. my friend from school is my next door neighbor and she brot over flowers for Kenn as a get well gift. Made her and me feel alot better.. I felt like crap that Kenn broke her arm and I was not in the room to witness exactly why, and Ian kept saying "it was my fault, and I'td never happen on his time.. " made me feel like a real bad mom.. :(
And in an effort to cheer Kenn up , Ian bot us Marvin Cornelius Flores.. lol the persian kitten! He's pretty stinking cute. George hasn't warmed up to him yet, but Vinny has.

2 comments:

  1. Get well Kenn! Tell her cousin Lexi broke her leg before, maybe that'll cheer her up. As far as you being a bad mom...NO WAY! Accidents happy, you're a great mom with an energetic daughter. :)
    Marvin is SO cute. I want to cuddle him.

    ReplyDelete