I was set to be induced at 39 weeks on the dot (March 17) because my husband was supposed to still be deployed, and I needed to give my mom a time frame of when to be here to take off from work. By the grace of God, Ian got to come home early.. And my mom was still going to come to stay with the kids and take over my job. I was checked at 38 weeks and my dr said I was only a 1, so I would need to come in on the 17th at 5 pm to have Cervadell inserted to soften my cervix, and that the following day I would be given pitocin. So that was the plan. Mom came down, took over like the Angel she is.. And we went into the hospital at 5 pm. We had to park at the 2nd level parking garage and walk what seemed like miles (being so big) and finally made it! They said "rooms not ready yet.: come back in an hour!" I almost started to cry! I was so sore! But we went to the cafeteria had dinner and waited it out. Around 6 I was given a room and still not even checked till about 7 pm. My dr wasn't there, never came or was busy so I had a midwife I've never met before. She checked me (ouch) I was a 3! She insisted I did not need Cervadell and encouraged the natural route. They'd keep me and watch me all night and if I ended up needing pitocin the next day she'd do it. I agreed, the less meds the better. So we laid in bed watching tv forever! Lol but after she checked me I was having horrible contractions, and lots of back labor mind you his face was turned wrong way. I battled it med free for 7 miserable hours with not one nurse checking on me unless I rolled too hard and my monitors fell off or I pushed the call button. But at 1 am I could not handle the pain, so in tears I called the nurse and requested to have my epidural. She said let the midwife check u.. And I was just a 4. She agreed by looking at the monitor that my contractions were very intense and went to get the anesthesiologist to do my epidural. I was dreading this and now that my contractions and back were already killing me it was hard to stay still while she was doing it. Ouch. After it was done it took about 45 mins to feel like it was working properly, remember I've had 3 others so I knew what to expect. My legs I could still move so it worried me. But after a while I was completely numb down there, and once I'm relaxed I move fast. Ian fell asleep and I was too nervous I just laid watching the clock and monitors. Around 545 I felt the need to be checked, and sure enough I was a 10 and the midwife and nurses came running in threw an oxygen mask on me and shook Ian awake. Next thing I knew I was pushing. It only took 15 mins with marley so after 30 mins and no progress I was getting exausted. I knew he was gonna be big. It took almost an hour, they had to use the vacuum but he was born at 6:55 am! Yay! And boy was he big! 8 lbs 4 oz and 20 1/4 inches with a 14 and a half in head. All the nurses said "I can't believe a tiny thing like you could push him out!" He is so precious too, head full of black hair like his daddy. Dimple in the chin like mommy, worth every second. The worst was the after birth healing days.. I won't go into detail about but it was by far the hardest for me..
Lenox Ian Nowell momma loves you!




No comments:
Post a Comment