Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bump in the road

I like this quote..

So some of you already know, but most do not.. Gonna type this up so I'm not on constant repeat.. I hope you're following my blog by now :). Without going into too much detail for opsec and safety reasons- Ian will be deploying this fall.  It will be his first in about 7 years.  I've handled tdys and lots and lots of training across states in mean time but never this long and a deployment.  Last one he went on was when we were in Alaska and Kenn was just a baby.  Now here I am 3 kids later.. Doing it all over again- and this time PREGNANT.  Now to answer the obvious questions:

1.  No we did not know or have any idea he would be deploying soon (when TTC)
2.  Yes he will miss the birth.
3.  Yes I'm scared shitless- I've never had to do this alone.

And for all you non- Mil spouses and some of you snooty mil spouses : yes we knew that this could pop up at any time and yes it's the life we signed up for.   But it doesn't make it hurt or scare me any less.  My closest family member (mom) is 10 hours away.  So if I happen to go into labor before she can get here- well guess I'll be calling up my few friends I have and hoping one can help watch my kids and one help take me to the hospital.  I'm solely relying on people I Havnt known very long- and for a Taurus (who isn't great at trusting easily) it's caused many sleepless nights.  I'm just praying my mom can make it up in time, and hoping my sister can fly up.  Money's tight for everyone so I won't expect anything.  I just ask family and friends to be patient with me during this trying time in my life.  And thank you so much to my friends and family who have offered up encouraging words and or offer helping hands.  I appreciate it more than you know.  

We can't say where he's going or the exact date, but once he's there I will send his address so family if you would be willing to send letters and care packages.  I know he'd appreciate letters from all his neice's and nephews and Jenns yummy baked goods!

Please be patient with me over the holidays this will be our first seperated and I'm already a nervous wreck about how I can make it special for the kids.  

Thanks for reading and not judging.

No comments:

Post a Comment