Thursday, September 17, 2009

Had a bad day

I had a really bad day today. Maybe it started when i was forced to wake up at the BUTTCRACK of dawn. ( 630 am to be exact. ) Now.. i'm usually up around 7, 730 (if i'm lucky ) at the latest anyway.. with my awesome two year old screaming "GOOD MORNING MOMMY" and demanding "her show" and cereal. But when it's my annoying ring of my phone's alarm clock waking me up.. it's just plain irritating. Anyways.. Navy had his two month apt today at 8 am on base, so I had to get me, kennedee, and him ready and out the door by 7:20 to make it on time. K.. so than i get to the dang hospital and Navy was soo happy.. the happiest baby.. cooing, smiling, and just being awesome. Kennedee on the other hand was being her normal two year old " i think i know everything" self. Well.. than it came time for his shots :( The poor guy had 3 shots in his thighs.. and an oral one. He scrame.. for what seemed like an eternity and just broke my heart. He was smiling, cooing and just being so happy up until that anitial prick. My poor son.. i wanted to break down and ball right there. But.. of course I couldn't. NOW those of you who don't know what it's like to have a double stroller with your toddler in the front seat.. and having to hold ur infant son.. ANNNND push the damn thing thru a twisty turny hallway.. YOU CAN'T SYMPATHIZE.. but those of you who do.. feel my pain! Navy scrame the entire way.. and i got a few glares, stares and the always annoying comment from the old lady "You got your hands full!!" Ya.. No shit lady.. give me a break and just mind your own business is what I wish i had the guts to say. But i just smile and keep pushing. Ok.. so after i got him calmed down and both the kids and stroller loaded into the car.. than I get home and all is not good.. but ok. Well.. than I had Kennedees new dance class at 3. I usually take her wednesdays at 5. But the first class was horrible she scrame, thru tantrums and was HORRIFIC.. the 2nd week she was a little better. Well a million times better than the first.. but still unwilling to participate with the other girls and teacher. She wanted to do things her own way. So I figured if i switched her to the earlier class.. she'd cooperate better. BOY was i WRONNNNNNG!!!! To make a long story short.. she was throwing huge GIGANTIC tantrums.. I think only my mom has witnessed when she turns completely red shakes her entire body screams no soo loud and grits her teeth all at once. Well she happened to do that.. in front of everyone and embarrass me to peices. Now I know what your thinking.. "it's normal.. she's two.. they all do that." Well if they all do it.. than how come I never witness one do it. How come it's always only my child?? I swear I love my daugher more than life in itself.. but.. I swear she's a little monster sometimes. She does not listen to me or her daddy, we've tried everything from time out, to getting on her level, to spanking even.. and lord knows I hate to spank. NOTHING works with this child. I hate to admit it but she really can be a brat and theres nothing that will stop her. I am in DIRE need of NANNY 911 so please give her a call for me. Anyways.. at class not only did she do that, but she kicked a class mate, punched the mirror, hit the door, spit, blew snot purposely everywhere and ran from me and the tissue, and just was outright obnoxious. All the other moms were in shock adn so thankful their daughters are and were angels. I had to grab my son, and drag her out 20 mins early. I balled the entire drive home, called Ian in hysterics.. and just wept like a baby. I am so mad that I spent so much on her adorable dance tutus, shoes and tuition all for nothing. My mom told me she thinks she's just not ready for dance, which I have come to terms that its true. She loves to dance at home. You all have seen it , and know it. But she is not socially ready to do it in front of strangers, or be instructed. I have to go back to studio 48 tommoorow and fill out a written drop form and get her unenrolled. It sucks but it's what i have to do. I can't force her to do anything she doesnt and is not ready to do. I will try again when she's three and have her do it with her cousin Rowan that way she knows someone. Anyways.. My son's been in pain all day from the stupid shots.. and I feel like hell for yelling at kennedee on the way home. I love her, it pains me to talk to her in that way, but it also hurts that she won't listen to me. I'm lost and need help. I need a break. A spa day perhaps.. who knows.

thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel from the start to the end. I wake everyday at 630 to take Kyler to school, having 2 kids under 3 is difficult, Lexi wasn't ready for dance (her being so shy and ignoring the instructor), Kyler has embarassed me COUNTLESS time (when he's alone w you he's the best child in the world, when he's around a large group he loves to get negative attention-I don't get it but he's getting better), and watching your kids in pain is the worst thing a mother can witness.
    All said and done...you are not alone, if that's any consollation. I genuinely hope tomorrow's a better day. Relax, we've all been there. As for those who look at you rudely, they're all fake...it happens to EVERYONE! Smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. this is why i stay at home as much as possible with jonas. haha. he has been throwing tantrums lately and driving me insane!! i yell at him too sometimes, its so hard not to when they are deliberately disobeying you even though they know better. oh man, i can sympathize. i hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete