No this is not my first deployment. I've been a military wife for almost 9 years but we've been pretty lucky to only have one other deployment back in 2008 when Kennedee was just a baby. We've gone through a ton of TDYs (short trips all over the US and world usually lasting 6 weeks give or take) and multiple trainings that lasted weeks- but not a 6 month + deployment with 3 kids oh and not to mention pregnant with my 4th. Now you're probably saying to yourself "oh boo hoo.. Spare me the sob story you knew what you were getting yourself into or you may find yourself trying to compete with me and think you've had it harder at some point and if so whoopty. Fucking doo hoo, go you. But guess what it's new to me and it sucks balls. My launguage is vulgar because I really am having a hard time. Some days are harder then others, but they're all hard. Today is one. I woke up today, dealt with my sassy mouthed daughter who refused to wear pants and demanded heals and a skirt in the pouring rain. Then as we were rushing to get out the door at 645 am we were greeted by a giant wolf spider in the door frame foot board of the front door. The only way out was to jump over the monster cuz I sure as hell wasn't stepping on it with my slippers. So low and behold me and the boys jumped over and Kennedee stood in the house for 5 mins screaming bloody murder, refusing to come outside. Oh she also let my cat out whom I chased in the dark cold rain. When I got home- the spider was gone so my guess is it's somewhere in my house. Joy. So then I eat my cereal and puke it up nearly 30 secs after consuming. Gotta love being preggo- oh wait I'm 17 weeks and STILL throwing up. Thank you God, thank you. Then I do all my errands- post office, dropped off a friend meds, got coffee (felt I deserved a cup) and spilled it all over my pants. Marleys exercise class, mall, and home. Rest for a few then back to pick up kids. First thing navy says is "mom 3 people threw up today in class!" Yay!! Can't wait till the bug hits us! NOT!! Kennedee also said someone threw up at school, it's bound to happen. Cat threw up twice. Kennedee got in trouble for stepping on someone at the park. Who does that? Not my kids. GROUNDED. Pulsating headache now, just had to pause this blog to yell at my neighbor kids who are repeatedly kicking over my garbage can outside then lying to my face about doing it. Can I handle more? No. But will I? Yes. And it hasn't even been a f*cking week. I can't even imagine how I am supposed to survive the rest of this hell. Please enlighten me.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Week one of deployment. Is this over yet?
I was gonna write weekly about the deployment and the many struggles I'll be dealing with weekly, but it won't be a week til Friday and I find myself already needing to vent and write about it. So guess what.. I am. One day I'll look back on these and laugh I'm sure.. Today is not that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment