Thursday, October 30, 2014

20 days in..


So I'm 20 days into this deployment and I was hoping to blog weekly about it but as you can see I have forgotten! I guess the saying "time flies" can apply here, even though it feels slow.. I'm so busy keeping up with the kids and doing everything on my own that time does go by quickly.  I've gotten a good routine down where I'm doing something almost every single day.  That has helped.  I've also made good friends with a gal who's husband is actually gone with Ian although they've yet to meet.  It's nice to have someone know exactly how you feel.  The crazy thing is she was in utah the same time we were stationed there and even lived on base yet we never knew!  The deployment curse has struck us though- which sucks.  Ians truck won't start.  A nice neighbor came to jump it and it didn't work :( so Ians friend is supposed to come by on Sunday and remove the battery and have it tested for me.  I am still in shock at the kindess of some people, I hate asking for help.  But I am thankful for it.  Makes me want to reach out more and help others.  I plan to when Ian gets back.  Me and my friend want to become key spouses.  Tommorow is halloween, kids are excited.  Holidays just don't feel the same without the whole family together but I'm trying to still make them fun for them.  We had friends over today for a Halloween lunch.  It was nice to have some girl time And marley has a little buddy his age that he gets to play with as well.  Two of these ladies in particular were talking to me about when I go into labor to not hesitate to call them for help.  It almost made me cry, because I can not believe that people would be willing to take my 3 kids and or help me out.  I hate asking for help, but I feel so lucky to know these amazing women with big hearts.  Makes me excited and hopeful to build everlasting friendships with them.  Some days are still hard- I have my moments where I still cry.  I feel Ian doesn't make time to even write, or call to say hi- I know he's busy.. But I feel so alone.  But I can feel me getting stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment